This role will focus on optimizing the financial and operational performance for a portfolio of approximately ten Class A office buildings (two million square feet), mostly located in Dallas. This person will report directly to the regional Executive Vice President and will have significant interaction with key market constituents. Primary responsibilities will include developing/executing strategies which enhance the portfolio’s value, structuring and negotiating leases and serving as an integral contributor in the identification and evaluation of potential acquisition, disposition, redevelopment and development decisions.
1) Negotiate property-level contracts, including leases, licenses and, where applicable, third-party management and exclusive leasing listing agreements.
2) Identify strategies to enhance the overall value of the portfolio. Proactively assess competitive positioning; monitor local market conditions, anticipate trends and reposition property accordingly.
3) Partner to underwrite acquisition, redevelopment and development opportunities. Assist in the disposition process, as appropriate.
4) Prepare internal documentation on sizable transactions, as needed (large leases, acquisitions, dispositions, etc.).
5) Utilize VTS Software to update Senior Management on leasing efforts, including both new leasing activity for vacant space as well as renewal activity on existing tenants.
6) Review and approve property budgets, including both projected leasing and building capital plans.
7) Work with Analyst/Associate to update ARGUS Enterprise models used for ongoing cash flow projections of portfolio.
Bachelor’s degree required (finance, accounting or real estate focus preferred)
10-15 years of commercial real estate experience; 10 years focused on asset management
Ability to develop and deepen key business relationships
Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: PDM), a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT), is one of the nation’s largest publicly-traded owners of Class A office properties. Piedmont is focused on creating value for its shareholders through the acquisition, development, ownership and progressive management of premier properties in each of its eight target markets: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, New York Metro, Orlando, and Washington D.C.